There will be 3 rounds of Counselling in the year 2014. Registration and Choice
filling for three rounds will be allowed only once and the same choices will be
process upto 3rd round.
1.1 Counselling Flow for WBJEE Counselling-2014
1.2 Online Registration & Payment of Counselling Fees
- Two type of candidates are eligible for counselling
- Type 1: Through WBJEEM
- Type 2: Through JEE(Main)
- Online Registration by both the types of candidates is allowed only in 1st round
of counselling through single interface irrespective whether they are eligible JEM
seats or JEE seats. No fresh registrations will be allowed in the 2nd and 3rd rounds
- All eligible candidates are required to register ONLINE through Internet (http://wbjeeb.nic.in)
from places convenient to them.
- After successful registration, a candidate is also required to download the e-challan
from the same website and pay an amount of Rs. 506/- as counselling fees including
service charge (Non-Refundable) in any branch of Allahabad Bank with Core Banking
System (CBS). After payment, candidate are required to visit the website again and
enter the e-challan payment details like transaction no, branch code & branch name,
date of deposit etc. Original fee receipt will be verified at the time of reporting
at reporting centre, if seat is allotted. If e-challan details submitted online
by the candidates are found to be wrong; the respective allotment shall stand cancelled.
- Norms for updating Candidate’s personal data during registration
- Category, PwD status, TFW status, State of
Domicile, Religion, Gender etc.; once declared by candidate in the WBJEEM-2014 Application
Form, cannot be changed at the counselling time. In case
of any changes, candidate should approach the WBJEEB directly before registration.
- Only those Candidates who have registered online and made payment of counselling
fee and also enter payment details are eligible for choice filling.
1.3 Online Choice Filling
- All the registered candidates who have also paid the counselling fees are required
to submit their choices (in order of institute and branch) online from any internet
point during the specified period.
- Choices will be shown as per candidate eligibility (whether the candidates are eligible
for WBJEE seats or JEE (Main) seats or for both).
- Candidates are required to submit the single set of choices against WBJEE
seats & JEE (Mains) seats, even if they are eligible for both.
- TFW candidates have an option to fill the choices with
TFW and without TFW seat in any order of preference.
- For the three rounds Choice filling is allowed only once before the 1st round of
counselling. No fresh choice submission or alteration of existing choices is allowed
in 2nd and 3rd round of counselling.
- The choices submitted by candidates in the 1st round will be processed upto 3rd
rounds for up-gradation, if candidate desires through willingness at RC.
- Candidates can fill in as much number of choices in the order of preference as they
wish to from the list of available choices.
- Candidates are permitted, if they so desire, to change or re-order their choices,
delete earlier choices and add new choices any number of times until they lock their
1.4 Choice Locking & Printing of Locked Choices
- Candidates MUST lock their choices only after they have finalized them but, in any
case, before 5.00 PM of last date. The locking of choices involves a few steps
after the LOCK button is clicked. This includes, entering the password, confirming
the locking etc. Candidate should follow all the steps carefully to complete the
- After the choices are locked, candidates will not be able to change their choices.
A printable version of the choices along with the terms and conditions agreed by
the candidate at the time of registration is displayed once the choices are locked.
- If candidates fail to explicitly lock their choices by 5.00 PM of last date, their last saved choices will be automatically locked
after this deadline. Candidates are therefore strongly advised to lock their choices
themselves and secure a printout of these locked choices. Registered candidates
who do not exercise any choices or fail to save them will not be considered for
admission and seat allotment. Candidates can login again after locking the choices;
the locked choices will be displayed but cannot be modified or altered.
1.5 Seat Allotment – General Rules
- During this step, the choices submitted by the candidates will be processed centrally
and seats will be provisionally allotted in the order of merit as per AIR for JEE(Main)
seats and as per GMR/PMR for JEM seats on the basis of the locked choices. The allotment
result will be available on the website. Individual allotment letters will not
be sent to the candidates by post. However, candidates MUST get a printout
of the allotment details from the website.
- Candidates who are allotted a seat first time in any round; will have to personally
report to the Reporting Centres to complete the admission formalities,
failing which their provisional seat allotment automatically get cancelled and will
not be considered for subsequent online rounds of seat allotment.
- Seat allotment through online counselling will be done in all the three rounds.
In the first round, all the seats will be allotted to the candidates and the result
indicating the institution and course allotted will be available on the website.
In the second & third rounds, seats will be allotted against the available vacancies
in the respective rounds, and the results will be available on the web site.
- A candidate who is offered a seat under different reservation shall be considered
for allotment in OP category (in same choice) in subsequent rounds subject to eligibility
and availability of vacant seats.
- Candidates who, at any stage, withdraw their provisional admission will
not be considered for subsequent online rounds (till 3rd round) of seat allotment.
1.6 First Round of Allotment
- The choices locked by the candidates during main counselling, will be processed
centrally using Seat Allotment ALGORITHM and the results will
be available on the website.
- All the candidates who get an allotment will report to Reporting Centres
for taking provisional admission during specified period, failing which their seat
allotment shall stand cancelled. Also, they will not be considered for further online
rounds of seat allotment. The seats thus falling vacant due to non-reporting
will be considered for allotment in the subsequent rounds of allotment. The detailed
reporting procedures are described in the reporting procedure section.
- Candidate after successfully reporting at Reporting Centres, if desires to
Withdraw his/her Seat Allotment, then he/she will have to report to the
same Reporting Centre where provisional admission was taken. Refund
rules will be applicable.
1.7 Online reporting process at Reporting Centres after getting 1st time seat allotment
in any rounds
- Candidates, who get their seat allotment for the first time in any of the three
rounds of allotment, will report to any of the Reporting Centres during the respective
reporting periods and not to their Allotted Institutes. The Allotted Institutes
will not accept any 'reporting' or admissions during this period.
- Candidates will produce all the relevant certificates in original for verification
including e-challan receipt when they report to the Reporting Centre. They are required
to deposit the required Fee as per the details given below through account payee
Demand Draft in the favour of WBJEEB, payable at Kolkata.
Fee Amount in Rs.
Private Self Financed Institutions
Further, if candidate upgraded in the subsequent round then
balance amount to be paid/adjusted by the candidates through the final allotted
institute. All payment related to counselling shall be made in favour of WBJEEB,
through account payee Demand Draft payable at Kolkata
- Further, candidates are required to exercise option for the participation in the
subsequent rounds of the counseling. These candidates are also required to sign
a declaration that in the event of allotment of a seat in the subsequent
rounds, their earlier allotted seat would be automatically cancelled and the cancelled
seat would be offered to the candidate next in the merit who might have sought that
seat through his/her earlier submitted choices.
- In case the candidates have exercised option in the negative (for
no-upgradation), they would retain earlier allotted seat and would
not be considered for seat allotment in the subsequent rounds of counseling.
However, these candidates will be considered for category up-gradation against the
same allotted seat.
- A provisional admission letter (containing seat allotment detail, fee detail and
also willingness for up-gradation) will be issued to the candidates at the Reporting
Center after the fees are paid, and all certificates / credentials are found in
order otherwise allotted seat will be automatically cancelled and candidate may
or may not be eligible for further rounds of counselling.
- Wherever no valid seat is available for upgrade in subsequent rounds, candidate
will retain previous seat. Likewise, wherever a valid seat becomes available, the
candidate is upgraded and automatically releases the earlier seat. In that sense,
all allotment and admission are provisional.
1.8 Second Round of Seat Allotment
There is no fresh registration and choice filling in 2nd round of counselling. Choices
of main counselling will be considered in this round of allotment.
Who is eligible for 2nd Round of allotment?
Candidates eligible for seat allotment in 2nd round are fall into one of the following
- Group–I: Registered candidates who did not get any seat allotment
in the 1st round.
- Group-II: Registered candidates who were allotted a seat in the
first round of counselling and reported at the reporting centre but their allotted
seat has been cancelled due to non-fulfillment of eligibility criteria.
- Group–III: Registered candidates who were allotted a seat in the
first round of counselling and reported at the reporting centre and completed admission
formalities and also submitted willingness “Yes” for up-gradation
in the subsequent rounds of counselling.
- Group–IV: Candidates who were allotted a seat in the first round
of counselling and reported at the reporting centre and completed admission formalities
and submitted willingness “NO” for up-gradation.
Their old allotted seat will be retained in the same category or in the up-graded
Who is not eligible for 2nd Round of allotment?
- Not reported at RC after seat allotment in 1st round
- Reported & Withdrawn from RC.
- Became non-eligible due to non conformity of documents.
Business Rule for Seat Allotment:
- Group-I: All the choices will be processed.
- Group-II: All the choices will be processed.
- Group-III: Only the higher preferred choices will be processed.
- Group-IV: only the previous allotted choices will be processed for category upgradation.
- Such of those candidates of Group – I & II who get a seat allotment
in this round shall personally report to the reporting centre for
provisional admission during the specified period, failing which their allotted
seat stand automatically cancelled and these candidates will not be considered
in subsequent rounds of counselling. The reporting procedure at the
reporting centre for provisional admission is given in Section
- Candidates of Group – III may get a seat of higher preferred choice
or their previously allotted seat may remain unchanged. Those candidates need not
report at the reporting centre unless they desire a change in their
willingness from “Yes-Upgradation” to “No-Upgradation”.
- Group-III candidates, who had exercised option “Yes-Upgradation”
and now desired to change the Option to “No-Upgradation”, after 2nd round
of allotment should approach the same RC during the specified period. Change of
Option from “NO” to “YES” is NOT Allowed. Revised provisional admission letter will
- Candidates of Group – IV, their previously allotted seat remain
unchanged. Such candidates are not required to report at the reporting centre.
1.9 Third Round of counselling:
- Business Rules for Eligible candidates and Not Eligible
candidates for 3rd round of counselling will be same as described in the
2nd round of counselling.
- Fresh allottee of 3rd round will report to any Reporting Centres during the specified
period for completion of Admission formalities. The reporting procedure at the
reporting centre for provisional admission is given in Section 3.7.
- All reported candidates of Round1, 2 and 3 will finally report to Allotted Institute
as per schedule to complete the online admission process.
- Conversion will be take place in 3rd round of counselling.
1.10 Consequences of Not Reporting to the Reporting Center after 1st/2nd/3rd round
The candidates, who get a new seat allotment first time in any
of the three online rounds, are required to report at the reporting centre
within the stipulated period. The allotment of seats to such candidates who do not
report within the stipulated period to the reporting centre will
be cancelled and these candidates will not be considered for seat allotment in subsequent
online rounds upto 3rd round.
1.11 Reporting to the Reporting Centre for Change of Willingness
- Candidates, who have taken the provisional admission in the 1st round, can change
their willingness for upgradation from “YES-Upgradation” to
“NO-Upgradation” after the 2nd round of allotment during the specified
period. Change of Option from “NO” to “YES” is
- For this purpose, candidates shall personally report to the same Reporting Centre
where provisional admission letter was issued during the specified period. The procedure
for change of Options are as follows:
- Candidates must submit the provisional admission letter issued in the 1st round.
- Candidates shall fill in and sign the form for change of Option.
- A new provisional admission letter with the modified Option will be issued by the
- Those who are not interested to change the willingness option, need not
report. Their willingness option submitted earlier will be considered in the subsequent
online rounds of allotment.
1.12 Withdrawal of Allotted Seat and Refund of Fees
- A candidate, who takes provisional admission by reporting at an Reporting Center
and want to cancel their allotted seat and seek the refund of fee, will have to
personally report for withdrawal and refund at the same reporting centre where provisional
admission was obtained as per given schedule as under. Refund rules will be applicable
as per the norms of the WBJEEB. Refund may be provided directly using Bank a/c details
mentioned optionally by candidates at time of registration.
Withdrawal and Refund of fee
After 1st round allotment
Closing date of first round RC reporting
After 2nd round allotment
Closing date of second round RC reporting
After 3rd round allotment
Closing date of third round RC reporting
Not reported for admission at PI
Closing date of PI reporting
|Reported at PI
||Withdrawal Not Allowed